Monday, 1 August 2016

VISIT TO THE VICTORIA FALLS


Hey everyone! Sorry I have been MIA. I was away on  holiday for a few weeks in Zambia. 
I got back to Manchester over the weekend and started working on my blog. I  am excited to share my holiday with you guys. The first place I wanted to visit when I got home was the Victoria falls. 


Victoria falls is a waterfall in Zambia southern province, in the town of Livingstone. It presents a spectacular sight of awe-inspiring beauty and grandeur on the Zambezi River, forming the border between Zambia and Zimbabwe. It was described by the Kololo tribe living in the area as  ‘Mosi-oa-Tunya’ – ‘The Smoke that Thunders’. 

In more modern terms Victoria Falls is known as the greatest curtain of falling water in the world. There is a built bridge across the Victoria falls and as you pass by you will catch the spray of the falls. I have always been nervous when crossing the bridge since I was little.  During this visit I had my sister and brother with me to cross the bridge but I remember at one point seeing them making a deal and I was wondering what was going on. they started walking fast while approaching the bridge and then I realised they wanted me to walk passed it by myself.  I was nearly in tears and started to scream but lucky enough I managed to grab my sister before she had the chance to escape lol  then we crossed the bridge together. 

The pictures below were taken by the boiling pot, this is the place underneath the Zambia/Zimbabwe bridge where most people do their  bungee jumping. Unfortunately I did not take part in that because I am not brave enough to do it. Walking down to the place takes roughly about 25 mins there and back. Be warned your feet will ache after being at the boiling point and you will meet friendly but not so friendly monkeys on your way there lol
Sorry for spamming the post with so many pictures however I hope you enjoyed viewing it. 
If you haven't been to my beautiful country Zambia, book yourself a holiday and GO! You will love it. Have a lovely week.

Chileshe xx

SHARE:

14 comments

  1. Livingstone my home town. am suer you hd a lovely time visiting..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I didn't know you are also from Livingstone! Yeah I had an amazing time at home x

      Delete
  2. Looks so amazing. Great photos! xo

    www.toularose.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved my first ever visit to Livingstone back in 2012, I don't know if I'll ever go as far as crossing that damn brigde again hahaha. Beautiful pictures and I'm sure you had a great time. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lool maybe one day we can cross together coz I'm also terrified by it lol I did have a great time Hun. Loved it there x

      Delete
  4. Victoria Falls looks like a nice place to visit. Sorry that your siblings were about to let you cross the bridge by yourself. Luckily, you managed to grab you sister. And please, no spamming the pictures are lovely 😊

    Thank you for visiting me

    www.twenty7bymichelle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle for visiting me too! Yes indeed the falls is beautiful place to visit xx

      Delete
  5. Wow, such an incredible experience . Definitely one to put on the bucket list. Lovely pictures xo

    Liza | http://www.yaalia.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to read your comment! You should definitely visit it xx

      Delete
  6. Looks like you had a blast dear, loving the hair and your beautiful smile.

    www.rshanphonsi.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks Shasha! I did enjoy myself! Xx

      Delete
  7. Its actually sad i've never been to Vic falls definately going to visit on my next trip to Zimbabwe. Great post glad your had a great time in Zambia x

    Tanaka x

    http://t-anaka.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you should visit the place! You'll fall in love. Thanks reading through my post xx

      Delete

© SheRazmataz. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig